Mr Samuel L kipo
Mr S L Kipo is a lecturer in the Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, KNUST. He obtained his B.Pharm (Hons) Degree in 1991 at KNUST, Kumasi. He obtained an M.Pharm (Pharmaceutics) Degree also from KNUST in 1996. From 1998 up to date, I have supervised over 30 final year undergraduates project works in various aspects of pharmaceutics research (especially in formulation).
Current research interest
Quality assurance of already available formulated products (especially extemporaneous preparation), and evaluation of interactions of some of the most patronized herbal products in Ghana and some commonly prescribed antibiotics.
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Phone: 03220 60374/42830. Mobile: 0202520782
- Asantewaa, Y., Ofori-Kwakye, K., Kipo, S.L., Boamah, V. E., Johnson, R. (2011). Investigation of the emulsifying and suspending potential of cashew tree gum in pharmaceutical formulations. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 3 (4), 215 - 219.
- Ofori-Kwakye, K., Asantewaa, Y., Kipo, S.L. (2010). Physicochemical and binding properties of cashew tree gum in metronidazole tablet formulations. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2 (4), 105 - 109.
- Ofori-Kwakye, K. Osei-Yeboah, F., Kipo, S.L. (2010). Formulation and quality evaluation of two conventional release tablet formulations. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research 4 (1), 94 – 99.
- Bayor, M.T., Kipo, S.L., Ofori-Kwakye, K. (2010). The accuracy and quality of household spoons and enclosed dosing devices used in the administration of oral liquid medications in Ghana. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2 (Suppl.1), 150 – 153.
- Ofori-Kwakye, K., Adom, E. N. N., Kipo, S. L. (2009). Preparation and in vitro characteristics of tablet cores coated with albizia, albizia/khaya and albizia/HPMC films. International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics 1 (1), 22 - 29.
- Kuntworbe, N., Adotey, J., Ofori-Kwakye, K. and Kipo, S. L. (2006). Formulation and evaluation of a combined chloroquine phosphate and chlorpheniramine maleate product. Journal of Science and Technology (Ghana) 26 (3), 32 – 39.
- Ofori-Kwakye, K., Fell, J, T. and Kipo, S. L. (2006). Effects of pH of medium and molecular weight on polyelectrolyte complex formation between pectin and chitosan. Journal of Science and Technology (Ghana), 26 (2), 66 – 73.
- Ofori-Kwakye, K.,Kipo, S. L. and Fell, J. T. (2006). Colonic drug delivery and absorption. Ghana Pharmaceutical Journal 31 (1), 49 – 64.